Shampoo is usually a thick liquid. It’s designed to clean your scalp and hair, getting rid of dirt and extra oil around your hair follicles. Shampoo is similar to soap, just that it is liquid. If soaps or shampoos have not been working for you, probably you did not use the quality product or used the product not suitable for your scalp.
Benefits of Shampoo
Your shampoo should help balance your hair’s pH levels. The correct shampoo will provide three key benefits to your hair.
Improves condition: The right shampoo makes your hair look and feel healthier. Keep in mind that you could have to lather, rinse, and repeat to take away all dirt and build-up for the best results.
Stimulate growth: A shampoo that is rich in nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and natural extracts stimulates your scalp. This keeps your hair follicles healthy and encourages growth. Natural ingredients to look for include lavender, almond, lemongrass, and jojoba. These ingredients also offer natural fragrance so that you can avoid chemical fragrances that may damage your hair.
Colour protection: If your hair is colour-treated, the right shampoo keeps your colour from fading as fast. Your hair absorbs colour when it's dyed, and harsh shampoos can strip the colour from your hair.
How to Identify whether your shampoo is free of harmful chemicals?
Ingredients To Avoid
While choosing the right shampoo for your hair, you should consider its ingredients. Several components in shampoos can make a contribution to hair loss. Some of them can be irritants and cause scalp inflammation, making your hair thin and brittle. Some ingredients to avoid in shampoo include:
- Alcohol: High alcohol percentage in shampoo may also dehydrate your hair. Alcohol is very drying and might strip away the natural oils of your hair.
- Mineral Oil And Petroleum: Ingredients inclusive of mineral oil and petroleum, which might be used as lubricants, can weigh down your hair and can cause invisible side effects to the body.
- Sulphates: Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) and ammonium lauryl sulphate (ALS) are the 2 most common sulphates used in shampoos. They are strong detergents that have good cleansing and foaming residences that create a rich lather. But, their downside is that they can make your hair dull, frizzy, rough, and prone to tangling. Hence these are not the preferred ingredients anymore but many manufacturers continue to use these ingredients hidden under other names. Likewise is the case with ingredients like formaldehyde.
- Formaldehyde: Formaldehyde is an antibiotic that helps keep your shampoo safe and shelf-stable. But, excessive concentrations of formaldehyde can cause contact allergy and rashes. It is also considered a carcinogen.
- Propylene Glycol: Propylene glycol acts as a humectant and helps nutrients penetrate your scalp. However, it can irritate your scalp. Plus it is a petroleum derived ingredient. If petroleum derived ingredients were good for the humans then why didn't we fry snacks in them?
- Artificial Fragrances And Colors: If you have sensitive skin or hair, keep away from artificial fragrances and colours in your shampoos. Switch to fragrance-free shampoos to keep away scalp irritation.
Improper washing of your hair with shampoo can cause product build-up which can lead to itchiness and walking.
How to Choose the Right Shampoo
The first thing to keep in mind before buying a shampoo would be to know your hair type. If you already know of the hair type, the next step is to know the ingredients. Look for products which contain coconut oil, shea butter, aloe vera and natural plant derived ingredients. Avoid products that contain sulphates because they are the real cause of unhealthy hair.
PureWins Perfect Balance Hair Shampoo For All Hair Types
Get the perfect flip moments with our Perfect Balance Hair Shampoo. This shampoo contains coconut oil, Amal powder which adds shine to dull hair. It gently cleanses the hair and scalp making hair softer, smoother and more manageable. It is free of toxins and safe to use on people with coloured or chemically treated hair. This shampoo is best for all hair types people. It is a perfect blend of Soapnuts & Cold-pressed Coconut oil provides mild yet effective cleansing without drying the hair.